In early April, FEMA began providing financial assistance for funeral expenses incurred after January 20, 2020 for deaths related to COVID-19 to help ease some of the financial stress and burden caused by the pandemic. The policy was finalized on March 24, 2021 and the application process opened on Monday April 12, 2021. Our staff has already made contact with the families we have served since January 20, 2020 who qualify for this assistance. We are happy to help those whom we may not have served but would still like assistance.
- What funeral costs are covered?
- All the costs from Krapf & Hughes, including cemetery expenses, marker or headstone, death certificates, and clergy or church fees.
- What is required for the application?
- Social security number of applicant AND deceased.
- DOB for both applicant AND deceased.
- Location the deceased passed.
- Address and phone number of applicant.
- Date of funeral contract.
- Information on funeral insurance policies or other funds
- Banking information (if using direct deposit.)
- How do I apply?
- Applications can ONLY be made by calling 844-684-6333, Monday – Friday 9am – 9pm EST beginning on April 12, 2021.
- Is there a deadline to apply?
- At this time, FEMA has not set a deadline for applications.